Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Very Best Religion

Almost 7 years ago I searched for something better than what I had. What I found, buried deep within, as if it were a seed to be planted, was this, from a great man, saying, "The very best religion is to treat others the way you wish to be treated"

So, I kept this seed and planted it deep within me because I figure if they have had access to this man for many more years than me, then they have reaped the benefits of a seed they obviously harvested long before I got there. Nope. They treated each other, and me, no better than how poorly I was treated on the street.

Over the years, I read the books, over and over, even the new book, and wanted to go back because everyone was brand new? Today I learned that no one is brand new. People want what they want. And when they are done wanting what they want, they put you in Fridays trash because you meant nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Me, I remembered the great man's Words. Though I don't know all the Teachings, or all the Hadith's or even a half of the Words in any of the Good Books, I do remember and have been blessed because I follow the Words of the Great Man:

"The very Best religion is to treat others the way you wish to be treated."

No comments:

Post a Comment