Friday, January 25, 2013

Clean Up Your Act and Maybe You Can Come Back

I haven't watched TV in my home since May. Actually I don't miss it. I felt like I was opening the door for and inviting the devil all up in my house. I was drawn to shows that were ridiculous, which had malicious subliminal messages about all types of people, including women. Even the news told some how to to think. To willfully permit all the killing, wrongful sex and foul language into our living rooms.

I am not a holier than thou Bible thumping religious person. In fact I love space movies. However, I feel I can "see" and think better now that I am not watching television.

We used to learn desired behavior from our parents, our elders, the community we were a part of, now we see children singing the lyrics and dancing to the most outrageously sexual oriented songs. And we, adults, are so dumbed down we think its cute. Thru the nerves in our eyes and ears we are being fed the wrong foods intravenously.

Nah, I am not seeing letting TV or cable back into my "family" for a very long time. Not until it changes its ways, puts clothes on and stops teaching people how to be mean and foul toward another.

No comments:

Post a Comment