Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I am but a branch in the tree of life

One thing I learned from working on the tree is one day, someone like me will be working on their tree. In an instant they will see my birth certificate. And a instant later they will see my death certificate. Life is too short. Way too short to hold on to grudges, to hold on to hate; too short to worry about how other grown folks, including your family, are living their lives. Life is too short to do something that would cause your branch to wither away and die (I see a lot of that also. Children not having children after hundreds of years of procreation). 


In short, life is way too short for bullshit. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Forgive and move on to the next moment. It's gonna be here whether you ready or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment